KeyStep 37 combines a flexible 37-note keyboard with intuitive sequencing, instant chord generation and creative real-time MIDI controls that let you discover and interact with music like never before.
The same velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed as the KeyStep Pro, complete with aftertouch and RGB LED feedback. A lightweight and compact keyboard that offers full and familiar creative flexibility, whatever your style or ability. At the center of KeyStep 37’s interface are 4 new control knobs with a screen, giving you instant access to inspiring new expressive tools and MIDI tweaking – total control.
Music made interactive
KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode takes your single note melodies and unfinished ideas and transforms them into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and velocity settings and make your music really sing.
Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale – never play a wrong note again.
Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
– KeyStep 37 unit
– Anti-ground loop adapter
– USB cable
• Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
• RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
• Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
• Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
• Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
• Sustain HOLD button
• Sustain pedal jack
• Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
• SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
• DC power jack for standalone operation
• USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
• Sync i/o ports
• Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
• CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
• Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
• Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony
• Get a free copy of Ableton Live Lite with registration of KeyStep 37.
Number of keys: 37
Keybed LED feedback: Yes
Built-in sequencer tracks: 1
Sequencer Polyphony: 8
Sequencer pattern slots per tracks: 8
Sequencer playing modes: 1
Built-in arpeggiator: Yes
Arpeggiator modes: 8
Arpeggiator Octave range: 5 +/- 3 octaves
Scale quantize: Yes
Chord Mode: Yes
Chord Strum/Velocity feature: Yes
MIDI CC control: Yes
MIDI I/O: 1 In 1 Out
MIDI over USB: Yes
CV outputs: 3
Clock Sync I/O: Yes
Sustain pedal input: Yes
KeyStep 37 Size & weight
Dimensions: 21.7 x 5.78 x 1.38 inches (550 x 147 x 35mm)
Weight : 3.5 lbs. (1.6 Kg)