Everything you loved about the original UR22, now with the addition of iOS support – and a 5vDC input for interfacing (and powering) from your iPad and iPhone, for true mobile recording application!
Highlighting two industry-acclaimed D-PRE microphone preamps, class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz converters and a rock-solid metal housing, the Steinberg UR22 USB Audio Interface provides pure sound wherever you are. With a dedicated high-impedance switch, a separate headphones jack and phantom power supply, this portable 2-in/2-out device is the perfect choice for mobile musicians, touring DJs and everyone in between.
Together with the included Cubase DAW running on your PC or Mac computer, the UR22 audio and MIDI interface is a full-fledged mobile recording studio defined through total mobility, ultra-solid build and superb sound quality.
The microphone preamp is one of the key factors in recording – and that’s why the UR22 interface is equipped with two stellar-sounding D-PREs. These preamps are the culmination of years of development by the experts at Yamaha. The result is a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this class. Whether you’re looking to record acoustic instruments, vocals, an electric guitar or ambient textures, with the UR22 you can easily capture any audio source.
Just as important as the preamps are, of course, the converters. The UR22 includes first-rate A/D and D/A converters that provide supreme sonic fidelity. And where others come to a halt, the UR22 begins to shine. With a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, you are more than ready to deliver future-proof music productions.
The UR22 is addicted to touring. It’s small enough to be rushed from gig to gig and rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road. Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR22’s full metal chassis is reassuringly solid. You’re free to hit it with your drumstick, throw it into the tour bus or simply open a beer with it “- thanks to its impressive manufacturing quality the tour-tested UR22 is always ready to roll.
And regardless of its size, the UR22 exhibits all the core features of its bigger brothers, the UR824 and the UR28M, allowing you to realize rock-solid recordings without restrictions. Simply connect it via USB to your computer and start making music without any additional power supply – and always in class-leading sound quality.
The UR22 features all the connections needed for pro-sounding recordings. Its two Neutrik analog XLR/TRS combo inputs with Peak LEDs and switchable +48V phantom power enable you to connect even the most valuable condenser microphones, whereas the Hi-Z switch on input 2 allows for direct recording of electric guitar or bass without the need to use an additional DI box.
Best of all, the UR22 offers latency-free hardware monitoring – what you play is what you immediately hear. The Mix knob allows you to seamlessly blend between the direct signal of your instrument and the output signal of your host. And thanks to the independent headphones and main output controls you can adjust the monitor and phones level individually. The MIDI I/O allows you to connect your keyboard or any other MIDI-compatible control device, such as pad controllers, footswitches and sound modules. Two TRS outputs, ultra-stable drivers and a USB 2.0 connection complement the feature set of this professional yet affordable device.
The UR22 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering and music production software supporting the ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standard.
Plus, the UR22 comes bundled with Cubase AI, a lean version of Steinberg’s popular DAW. Based on the same core technologies as Steinberg’s highly acclaimed Cubase DAW, the AI version offers a comprehensive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing. Run it together with the UR22 audio interface and you get a one-stop solution for recording music in studio quality.
Cubase users will benefit from additional features, such as auto-setup functionality, which enables the complete I/O setup to be handled directly from within Cubase. Once your UR22 interface has been installed, Cubase detects the device and automatically embeds it into Cubase’s production environment – it couldn’t be easier.
• 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface – With a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, you are more than ready to deliver great-sounding music productions.
• Steinberg UR22 MKII USB Audio Interface – Two Class A D-PRE mic preamps – Yamaha’s highly-acclaimed D-PRE preamps deliver a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this class.
• Rugged full-metal casing – Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR22’s full metal chassis is rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road.
• Latency-free hardware monitoring – The UR22 features latency-free hardware monitoring and an intuitive Mix knob that allows you to blend between the direct signal and the output of your host.
• Compatible with all major recording software – The UR22 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
• MIDI input & output – For utmost flexibility, the UR22 is equipped with a MIDI I/O “connect your favorite synth, a drum trigger module or whatever MIDI device you prefer!”
Cubase AI included – Based on the same core technologies as the popular Cubase DAW, the AI version offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing. 32 tracks of Audio 48 Tracks of Midi, 26 Audio VST effects, and 180 Instruments
MIC INPUT 1/2 (Balanced)
– Maximum Input Level -10 dBu
– Input Impedance 4k Ohm
– GAIN Range +16 dB +60 dB
LINE INPUT (Unbalanced)
– Maximum Input Level +16 dBu
– Input Impedance 20k Ohm
– GAIN Range -10 dB +34 dB
HI-Z INPUT (Unbalanced)
– Maximum Input Level -4 dBV
– Input Impedance 470k Ohm
– GAIN Range -8 dB +52 dB
LINE OUTPUT (Balanced)
– Maximum Output Level +10 dBu
– Output Impedance 150 Ohm
PHONES 1/2 Maximum Output Level: 6 mW+6 mW, @ 40 Ohm
USB Specification: USB 2.0, 24 bit, 44.1 kHz/48 kHz/88.2 kHz/
96 kHz/176.4 kHz/192 kHz
XLR Input Polarity
– Pin 1: Ground
– Pin 2: Hot (+)
– Pin 3: Cold (-)
• 2 GB RAM
• 4 GB of free HD space
• Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
• CD-ROM drive
• USB component port
• Internet connection required for installation, activation, account setup and personal / product registration.
Mac OS X version Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11*
Intel dual core CPU
Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
Intel or AMD dual core CPU